It’s normal to feel like the task at hand is more important than addressing those pesky software update pop-up notifications. After all, you’re in the zone, working hard and the last thing you want to do is take the time to do a software update. But here’s the fact — updating your software to the newest version doesn’t just give you cool new features, it’s also critical for your digital safety and cyber security.
Regularly updating your software to the latest version:
- Can add more features and remove outdated ones.
- May fix or remove computer bugs or repair security holes.
- Often includes software patches to cover security gaps which act as open doors for hackers.
- Helps to protect personal information stored on your device from cybercriminals.
- May boost the software’s performance.
- Helps to prevent the spread of computer viruses.
- Make sure your security software is always up to date.
- Keep your software up to date by:
- Selecting auto-update when available.
- Make it a habit to update your software when you receive a notification.
- Regularly check for software updates.