The VTE/DVT Risk Tool in Order Sets is now enhanced, improving utilization and minimizing screen clutter.
- DVT Risk Definitions are now listed in a linked PDF document instead of always displayed above selections.
- Definitions are now embedded within the Risk category, so you only see ones related to a specific category.
- When a patient is receiving therapeutic or prophylactic anticoagulation, the order option is now outside of the Risk selection and is no longer embedded within the Risk category, allowing for easier ordering.
- In the Moderate Risk section of the VTE/DVT Risk Tool:
- A more simplified ordering process of SCDs or contraindications for mechanical prophylaxis, when a patient is contraindicated for pharmacological prophylaxis.
- Provides easier ordering and order reminders.
- For Enoxaparin ordering, redundant verbiage was removed allowing for a cleaner ordering process.
Click here to read the full article and view VTE/DVT Risk Tool update images.