For Registration, Scheduling, Front Desk Staff, Hospital-Based Outpatient Departments and HMPO Clinics
Effective immediately, the Travel Screening activity in Epic has been updated with a revised workflow and questions in accordance with the latest guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
The following changes have been made:
- New COVID-19 contact question appears in automatic pop-up window and Registration toolbar – “In the last month, have you been in contact with someone who was confirmed or suspected to have Coronavirus/COVID-19?”
- The Travel Screening activity will open automatically in appointment scheduling, check-in and sign-in workflows when both of the following occur:
- A complete screening has not been completed within 24 hours. (Note: all three screening questions must be answered with no “unable to assess” responses.)
- The patient is not admitted.
- The COVID-19 risk BPA will open if a patient acknowledges any of the following during the Travel Screening:
- Travel internationally within the last month AND symptoms of fever or cough.
- Contact with a person confirmed or suspected to have Coronavirus/COVID-19 AND symptoms of fever or cough.
- Fever AND cough or shortness of breath.
For additional information, please review the applicable tip sheets: