For better cell phone service, anywhere − no apps required
- Spotty cell phone service aggravates us all. Here’s how to get the best cell phone reception anywhere there’s Wi-Fi. Just turn on Wi-Fi calling on your cell phone, and leave it on all the time. That’s it.
- Whenever your phone senses a weak cell signal, it automatically switches to Wi-Fi calling to give you the best cell coverage. This happens whether you’re in a part of a Houston Methodist building where cell signals are low or at a coffee shop on the Wyoming plains.
- Older phones may not be equipped with this option.
Here’s how to turn on Wi-Fi calling:
- iPhone: Settings > Phone > Wi-Fi Calling on This iPhone
- Android: Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi Calling
- You’ll need to enter your home address.
- For the first time in a new location, choose the Wi-Fi network you’d like to use – your phone will remember from then on.
For questions, contact the IT Help Desk at 832.667.5600 or the IT Physician Help Desk at 832.667.5555.