Your mobile and desktop phone can be a host to viruses and bacteria, but improper cleaning may cause damage. Here’s some tips and instructions to prevent permanent damage during cleaning:
1. For a mobile phone, take the case off and power it down.
2. Wring out excessive moisture from a disinfecting wipe and gently clean your device. Be careful to not let any moisture from the wipe seep into the buttons, speaker, microphone or earpiece.
3. Don’t spray any liquid disinfectants or use antibacterial gels on any phone.
4. Avoid cleaners that are advertised as a strong commercial cleaning product.
5. Repeat these instructions approximately twice a week.