IllumiCare Smart Ribbon — a movable banner that displays over Epic — provides real-time, patient-specific cost and select risk data regarding medications, labs, radiology and observational status at the point of care.
Smart Ribbon aggregates key information, empowering providers with both clinical costs and human costs — or risks. Smart Ribbon is available to physicians and advanced practice providers in internal medicine and hospital medicine, along with related subspecialties, as well as for our pulmonary/critical care/intensivists and all pharmacists.
The Smart Ribbon, displays the following apps depending on your role:
- ARUP – A web-based diagnostic reference tool including nearly 300 disease topics broken down by diagnostic and clinical background information, pharmacogenetics, screening and monitoring suggestions, algorithms, related topics and relevant references.
- my360 – This app highlights the human and economic costs of all active, scheduled medications, labs and radiology studies for the current admission. It displays Houston Methodist per-day cost approximations for meds and Medicare allowable rate costs for labs and radiology studies, along with a cost lookup tool.
- Observation – Shows the current time a patient has been in observation status, based upon the provider’s order. After 24 hours, the timer turns red to indicate the patient is nearing the two-midnight rule. Note: this app will not display for ambulatory providers.
- Controlled Substances – Displays Texas Prescription Drug Monitoring Program data, including Narx scores and overdose risk score.
- Up-to-Date – Provides clinical content authored by leading physicians synthesized into evidence-based recommendations. Tracks CME credits within the clinical workflow; includes medical calculators and patient education materials.