Secure Chat in Epic allows you to conveniently and securely text non-urgent communications to other providers, clinicians and staff using your Epic mobile apps (Haiku/Canto), desktop or WOW, but remember:
- Do not use Secure Chat for urgent messages.
- Only use Secure Chat for non-urgent communication related to daily work activities.
- For urgent patient issues, you must use normal methods to reach on-call or covering physicians:
- Answering services
- Resident services
- After-hours contacts
- Inappropriate use can delay essential patient care, leading to safety incidents.
- If a provider doesn’t have Epic Mobile (Haiku/Canto), they will only receive messages on a workstation.