On Monday, May 18, Procedure Pass launches in Epic for Interventional Cardiology. Procedure Pass is designed to prevent same-day procedure cancellations and delays due to incomplete pre-surgical tasks.
With Procedure Pass:
- Epic automatically generates pre-procedure task lists personalized for each patient, then marks tasks complete when documentation is finished prior to the procedure.
- You’ll have an interactive checklist of tasks and required documentation for every procedure, including:
- H&P notes
- Orders for labs specific to the procedure or circumstances, (e.g., EKG)
- If more than one piece of documentation can satisfy a pre-procedure task requirement, Epic will prompt you with a list of suggested steps to complete the task.
Additional benefits of Procedure Pass include:
- A central place to track Pre-op and PAT tasks.
- Standardized PAT protocols for cardiology.
- Improved patient pre-op experience and care.
- Decreased time reviewing charts.
For more information: