For Everyone – Patients included
Effective Sunday, Nov. 17
The patient app called On My Way is expanding to all Houston Methodist Emergency Departments (EDs) on Sunday, Nov. 17.
If you need emergency care as a patient, On My Way will show you the closest ED and approximate wait time and allows you to notify the ED that you’re on your way for care. If the closest ED shows a longer wait time, you can choose another location.
On Nov. 17, On My Way will be available to all patients via MyChart and houstonmethodist.org
ED Staff Only: Here’s what’s changing
- Clinicians and staff will see patients on the ED trackboard inbound area, with expected arrival time.
- New icons will show whether a patient is on their way, using the HM website or MyChart.
- If a patient doesn’t show up as planned, patient access specialists can remove them from the trackboard using Patient Station.
- To review FAQs regarding On My Way, click here.
- ED Removal of Inbound Patients including On My Way tip sheets are available:
- HM Epic On My Way tutorial for PAS, can be found here.
- For additional questions, contact your charge nurse or ED educator.