For Outpatient Clinicians, Clinical Support Staff and Front Desk Staff
Effective Monday, July 22, when you place a Cologuard order in the ambulatory setting, it automatically transmits to Cologuard via e-fax, including insurance, demographics and the Cologuard requisition.
Placing Cologuard Orders
- In the patient encounter, from the visit task bar Add Order section, search for Cologuard or Lab5226.
- From the order popup box, verify order details are correct. From the order composer, click the Sign Orders button.
- Associate the appropriate diagnosis to the order (Z12.11 and Z12.12 are recommended).
Resulting Cologuard Orders
- In a patient encounter, from the left side banner, add Enter/Edit Results.
- Filter to All to find open orders and click Accept.
- Select Cologuard test. Enter the Collection date, Result date, finalize Status and click Accept.
The Cologuard Fax Ordering tip sheet provides more detailed instructions.