On Monday, March 25 at 7 a.m., Houston Methodist launched FHIR Education (also known as Krames). This new patient education system integrates with Epic and is accessible through MyChart, and with the AVS and discharge summary.
For physicians, using FHIR Education for post-op discharge instructions is optional. They’re required to indicate in Epic whether to use their own personalized discharge instructions or FHIR Education.
Features of FHIR Education include:
- A library with over 8,000 editable, customizable and searchable items, including videos.
- Materials in Spanish and up to 20 additional foreign languages.
Training is highly recommended for all inpatient RNs, clinical pharmacists, respiratory therapists, PT/OT/SLP and dieticians. Training is available in LMS SuccessFactors (course #1575123).
Note: Clinical References activity for patient education will be removed from Epic (except in the ED) on Monday, April 15.
- To prepare for this change, please start using the new FHIR Education tool and take advantage of the training in LMS and tip sheets in the Epic Learning Home.
- Onsite support will rotate through inpatient facilities March 25-29 to help you.
- You can also contact your manager, clinical educators and program director of informatics to answer any questions during this transition. Additional questions may be directed to the IT Help Desk.
Related tip sheets are available in the Epic Learning Home: