There are now two new COVID-19 BPA alerts to help clarify/reduce the need for testing and provide timelier isolation – increasing safety for our patients, visitors and staff.
COVID-19 Testing BPA
- The CDC now recommends that you do not retest patients who have tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 90 days unless they’re experiencing new symptoms.
- Note: Patients transferring to a new facility can be retested within 90 days if the facility requires a new test.
- To align with the new CDC guidelines, a BPA alert will now display when you order a COVID-19 test for a patient who has tested positive within the last 90 days.
- If the patient has had a positive test within 90 days, refer to the COVID Resource Guide instead of testing.
- A BPA will now appear to help quickly isolate COVID-19 patients not isolated or missing part of COVID-19 isolation orders.
- If your patient is COVID-19 positive, order additional isolation based on the prompts from aerosol generating procedures.