There is a new Blood Culture Order Set will be available – helping you quickly and accurately identify central line associated bloodstream infections (CLABSIs). The new order set includes optional imaging/culture orders and is available when your patient meets the following criteria:
- Your patient has been an inpatient with a central line in place for more than two days.
- And has at least one of the following:
- A Jackson-Pratt drain, abdomen source only.
- An abdominal wound documented in LDA, but no Jackson-Pratt drain.
- A wound documented in LDA (excluding abdominal and sacral ulcer wounds).