Houston Methodist Physician Organization clinics were awarded the highest technology adoption designation possible — the prestigious Outpatient HIMSS Stage 7 during an audit this week. Five clinics in the Sugar Land area participated in the onsite audit, representing the 148 Houston Methodist ambulatory clinics across our organization. Three auditors appointed by HIMSS spent the day evaluating these clinics on how well they leverage technology to optimize quality of patient care, clinical efficiencies and facilitate a near paperless environment. The Level 7 designation is the highest level attainable, placing HM in the top tier with only 10.8 percent of all health systems.
“Congratulations to our IT and SPG/PCG teams on this important accomplishment,” said Kevin J. Burns, executive vice president, chief financial officer and chief business officer. “Inpatient next!”
HIMSS auditors applauded IT and SPG/PCG partnership efforts with comments such as:
- “Jaw dropping volume of work.”
- “Tremendous amount of passion for taking care of patients.”
- “Physicians are engaged and prepared.”
- “Industry leaders in patient engagement.”
- “Clinic standardization at the front desk is admirable.”
- “Telehealth program was exciting to see.”
The achievement of HIMSS Stage 7 Outpatient is a step on the path to completing HIMSS Level 7 across the health system. The HIMSS O-EMRAM Stage 7 Accreditation:
- Validates we have successfully embraced Epic and are using it:
- To improve quality of care.
- Facilitate better outcomes.
- Signifies the highest, most sought-after ranking for technology adoption.
- Positions Houston Methodist in the top tier.