On Sunday, Nov. 1, we adjust our clocks back one hour due to the end of Daylight Saving Time (DST). Please review the following notes impacting LaborWorkx and Epic for this change:
For employees working the third shift during the time change (Oct. 31 – Nov. 1):
- Badge readers and Quick Badge will automatically be updated at 2 a.m. on Sunday.
- LaborWorkx will automatically add the extra hour worked. An exception message will be generated, stating that the hours were adjusted for the Daylight Saving Time change.
- If you notice any problems with a badge reader, please contact the IT Help Desk at 832.667.5600. For additional questions about DST clocking, contact the HRub at 832.667.6211 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Allow sufficient time to review timecards for employees who worked during the Daylight Saving Time change.
- Clocking prior to the time change: Edit clocking by moving the time back one hour.
- Clocking following the time change: Add Override Code 6 – “Do Not Adjust Daylight Savings” to the clocking.
- Clocking between 1 and 2 a.m.: LaborWorkx will generate a critical exception.
Epic won’t automatically correct the time, and some data may need to be manually entered twice from 0100-0200 CDT (before the time change) and 0100-0200 CST (after the time change) for the repeat fall back hour.
- Manually enter all medical device data; data won’t integrate into Epic during the two-hour DST window.
- Be aware of the possible impacts to your area. The following functions may be impacted, and times should be validated for accuracy:
- Event times
- Some BestPractice Advisories (BPAs)
- Admission/Discharge/Transfer (ADT) events
- Adjust documentation and event times following the guidelines for your area to reflect the time change.
- Refer to the specific department instructions for your area to manage admission, discharge or transfer events and maintain continuity of care.