On Sunday, Nov. 3, we adjust our clocks back one hour due to the end of Daylight Saving Time (DST). Please review the following notes impacting LaborWorkx and Epic for this change:
For employees working the third shift during the time change (Nov. 2 – Nov. 3):
Badge readers and Quick Badge will automatically be updated at 2 a.m. on Sunday.
LaborWorkx will automatically add the extra hour worked. An exception message will be generated, stating that the hours were adjusted for the Daylight Saving Time change.
If you notice any problems with a badge reader, please contact the IT Help Desk at 832.667.5600. For additional questions about DST clocking, contact LaborWorkx Support at 832.667.5959 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Allow sufficient time to review timecards for employees who worked during the Daylight Saving Time change.
- Clocking prior to the time change: Edit clocking by moving the time back one hour.
- Clocking following the time change: Add Override Code 6 – “Do Not Adjust Daylight Savings” to the clocking.
- Clocking between 1 and 2 a.m.: LaborWorkx will generate a critical exception.
Epic won’t automatically correct the time, and some data may need to be manually entered twice from 0100-0200 CDT (before the time change) and 0100-0200 CST (after the time change) for the repeat fall back hour.
- Manually enter all medical device data; data won’t integrate into Epic during the two-hour DST window.
- Be aware of the possible impacts to your area. The following functions may be impacted, and times should be validated for accuracy:
- Event times
- Some BestPractice Advisories (BPAs)
- Admission/Discharge/Transfer (ADT) events
- Adjust documentation and event times following the guidelines for your area to reflect the time change.
- Refer to the specific department instructions for your area to manage admission, discharge or transfer events and maintain continuity of care.