- Following the end of Daylight Saving Time (DST) on Sunday, Nov. 4, Epic won’t automatically correct the time.
- Some data may need to be manually entered twice from 0100-0200 CDT (before the time change) and 0100-0200 CST (after the time change) for the repeat fall back hour.
What Do I Need to Do?
- Manually enter all medical device data; data won’t integrate into Epic during the two-hour DST window.
- If you work in ADT/Patient Access, Cardiology, ER, Hospital Billing, Inpatient Bedded Units, OB, OR, Pharmacy and Radiology/Cath Lab/IR, refer to the specific department instructions for your area to manage admission/discharge/transfer events and maintain continuity of care.
- Be aware of the possible impacts to your area. The following functions may be impacted, and times should be validated for accuracy:
- Event times
- Some BestPractice Advisories (BPAs)
- Admission/Discharge/Transfer (ADT) events
- Adjust documentation and event times following the guidelines for your area to reflect the time change.