COVID-19 lab orders are now available for pre-procedure or non-PUI testing without requiring isolation or triggering COVID-19 alerts, unless a patient tests positive.
- For inpatient testing:
- A COVID-19 Qualitative PCR – Pre-Procedure or Non-PUI Assessment order set is available.
- Order set names are now updated for clarity.
- For Preop and PAT testing:
- Order sets are updated with the COVID-19 qualitative PCR [LAB3555] order.
- A new screening question, defaulted to Yes, validates that the test is part of a pre-procedure assessment.
- For non-pre-procedure assessment and ordering on suspected patients:
- Selecting No will trigger COVID-19 alerts.