Electronic Informed Consent Pilot Launches at HMH Main 3
Electronic Informed Consent via Epic successfully piloted at HMH Main 3. Electronic Informed Consent allows quick and easy retrieval of the appropriate, state-mandated consent form for commonly performed procedures and:
- Forms are current and state compliant.
- Risks, benefits and alternative therapies are clarified.
- OR efficiency is improved, delays are minimized.
This will rollout systemwide, one area at a time. If you are not part of the initial pilot:
- The e-Informed Consent button has been added/activated in Epic for everyone.
- At this time, only HMH Main OR pilot participants should use the e-Informed Consent
- Do not use the e-Informed Consent button until it launches in your area and you are trained on the process.
Since the launch, pilot participants have been providing valuable feedback, ensuring future rollouts are a success.