CareSense, a pilot program assisting patients before and after surgery, is helping educate, monitor, survey and communicate with patients using texts, emails and automated phone calls. It functions as an effective clinical monitoring tool, allowing physicians to intervene as early as possible for potential complications. CareSense includes patient reminders about care, education materials for post-surgery care at home and surveys to monitor current symptoms and concerns.
As of May 1, 1,000 patients are participating in the program. CareSense data shows:
- Reduced missed appointments.
- Lower surgical cancellations.
- Increased patient compliance.
- Decreased patient phone calls and emails.
- High scores by patients rating CareSense.