With many schools going back to the “online” classroom, you may be struggling to keep your kids connected and engaged. Click here to learn more about these 10 tech tips:
1. Check your Wi-Fi connection if you have trouble connecting. Learn about other connection options.
2. Make sure your work environment is safe and private.
3. Take advantage of parental controls.
4. Keep student IDs, passwords and email information in one place.
5. Purchase the right headset for your child.
6. Learn more about Canvas, Google Meet, Teams or Zoom.
7. Adjust your platform view.
8. Use voice-activated tools like Alexa, Siri or Google Assistant as a timer and spell checker.
9. Contact your school’s district call centers and websites for support.
10. Remain calm. Teachers expect that there will be technical glitches.
HM will subsidize 50% of the cost of children of employees (including PRN employees) attending YMCA Learning Centers when school begins. Starting dates vary by location. Click here to register and for more information.