During the Downtime
Use Epic Read-Only to view data.
- Access Epic Read-Only from your desktop or through apps.houstonmethodist.org.
- If you don’t see the Epic Read-Only icon, click here for instructions on how to add it to your desktop.
Document the following on paper.
- Lab: Use downtime requisitions.
- Pharmacy: Use paper orders.
- Radiology and Cardiology
- No orders will process to PACS or the transcription system.
- Use paper requisitions and log procedures performed on the downtime documentation form.
- Interpretation of studies will be managed per each department’s defined downtime process.
- Medical devices: Vital sign data from Chart Xpress “rolling vital sign machines”/ICU bedside monitors/ventilators and anesthesia carts won’t flow into Epic.